Peri-Peri Stir Fried Prawns
A healthy alternative to deep-fried Seafood! Stir-frying is a fast and healthy method of cooking. Cooking in a non-stick wok will help to keep fat levels to a minimum.
Use this recipe as a quick and easy starter or serve with stir-fried vegetables as a main meal.
Keeping the prawns in their shells protects the delicate meat and retains the natural juices.
1. Defrost prawns if they are frozen, defrosting very slowly in a colander over a bowl. Dry defrosted prawns with wads of paper towel.
2. With a sharp knife, slice each prawn down the back and remove the intestine (small black thread).
3. Mix the peri-peri sauce ingredients together and place in the microwave for 30 seconds on high
4. Spray a wok liberally with Spray 'n Cook.
5. Fry the prawns on a high heat for about one minute until they start to stick to the pan
6. Add half the peri-peri sauce, stir-fry for a few more minutes and then add the rest of the sauce (they should not be cooked for longer than 5 minutes).
7. Turn heat off, pile onto a plate and enjoy with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and vegetables of your choice.