Mediterranean Portobello Burger
ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
Makes 4 servings
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Mash garlic and salt on a cutting board with the side of a knife until it's a smooth paste. Mix the paste with 1 tablespoon oil in a small dish. Lightly brush the oil mixture over portobello's and then on one side of each slice of bread.
3. Combine red peppers, tomato, cheese, olives, vinegar, oregano and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl.
4. Grill the mushroom caps until tender, about 4 minutes per side; grill the bread until crisp, about 1 minute per side.
5. Toss salad greens with the red pepper mixture. Place the grilled mushrooms top-side down on 4 half-slices of the bread. Top with the salad mixture and the remaining bread.
As an alternative you could replace the cheese with either chicken breast, beef or lamb.